Best from Slice of Life 2019

Slice of life being one of those genres which is apparently taking over my time of life which I spend watching Anime. 


Can't really agree on that 2019 has been a bless for the column of Slice of Life genre but yeah there are shows such as "Fruits Basket" and "My Roommate is a Cat" which were bless for me at least. So let's jump on to the list without eating anymore time;

1. Fruits Basket


When it's about Slice of Life genre, what I want is not a headache, fairly decent show with a message to learn. That is what Fruits Basket offered, every character has their own quantity as well as inferiority which they could be proud of. Which makes them special, yet they never believe in themselves or their own positive points. This is what attracted me or perhaps most people to Fruits Basket, because it's so much relatable with the life we live in. Followed with rollercoaster of emotions, tragedies, pain of losing yet despite all life goes on.

As for synopsis, Tooru Honda, a Highschool girl who was always fantasized by Chinese Zodiac, of which her late mother use to tell stories of. She does not have either a mother or a father to see her grow. As circumstances go by Tooru is now forced to live in a tent, but little does she know that her temporary home resides on the private property of the esteemed Souma family. A family who actually are zodiac animals..


2. Beastars


I'm not a big fan of Furry Anime. In usual scenario, I either skip the whole show or rarely, after a single episode, but damn! Beastars left an impression, I'll curse myself for skipping any furry show. For many people Beastars would be the best Slice of Life Anime of this year. Well, with that being aside. About "Beastars", it is staged in a world where all kinds of animals, whether it's Carnivorous or herbivorous, they all live in the same society, together. Obviously, everyone is supposed to live peacefully without promoting any kind of violence against the lower food chain animal; as it'd be considered the utmost crime. How tragic the show may sound nevertheless, there's an element of how life works and what it is to be someone.


3. O MAIDENS IN YOUR SAVAGE SEASON


I can recall how hilariously I was laughing after watching the 1st episode of O maidens in your Savage season, I wasn't able to hold up to watch the next one. Slice of life, Comedy and romance are among some of the most loving show genres these days. However majority of such categorised series are inclined more on romance genre or on slice of life genre. Anime centring comedy along with brilliant design of Slice of Life and Romance are not much in number. But like already revealed in many other 2019 Anime premiers, summer 2019 season for the module of Anime has too many things to offer us. O maidens is among one of them. A very brilliant display of how adolescence struck a 16 Year old, the eruption of new emotions those were yet unknown. Finally the so-called entry to the 'Adult world' , the love, lust, even sex which were like a taboo to most is now seemed to be literally everywhere you go. Although these words may sound lewd and erotic but the anime in actuality isn't at all Erotic.

4. MY ROOMMATE IS A CAT


They say, every person on this planet have someone to lean on. Someone who cares for them, genuinely. They never said it cannot be a cat though! Subaru Mikazuki, a man in his twenties, a mystery novel author, an introvert and awkwardly shy around people. Subaru after losing both his parents realises how much they meant to him, My Roommate is a Cat is a very beautiful show which shows how good is it to be with someone.  


5. Hoshiai no Sora


Okay let me begin with the reason for why I was excited to watch this Anime. Like every other hardcore Anime fan, I too needed something which they say 'happy-happyish' or more paraphrased, just an easygoing Slice of Life Anime. That's why I chose 'Stars Align' because the poster looked very accurate to what I was expecting to spend my time with. Things were also going how I was supposing them to be, until those TWO unexpected scenes from First episode which deprived the show from a Soft tennis sport Anime to a Dark-ass show, I'm Sold. This Anime has too many things which needs to be revealed.

As about pacing, it's decent, without covering too much nor too less ground in two episodes, alongside giving the trails of what the motive of the show is. It gives the room for the characters to develop and to pace storytelling rather in an average speed. I also loved how they didn't dragged the show to the categories of usual Highschool Anime those which usually forces the hollow site for the main characters to interact with while forgetting the actual reality of a normal High School. The school feel quite realistic and live-in with everyone having their own to live rather than becoming just an asset to support the main character.

_

That's all for this post, I'd really like to know if you agree with the list, comment down below what your favourite was! Well, if you liked the read do Subscribe to the newsletter! And if you want to support me, here's my patreon.
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post